Subject: Re: Odd Lockup -- NetBSD 1.5.2 - Quadra 650
To: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Richard UNGER <runger@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2001 17:09:30
Hiya,

Stupid question, but did you give it time? On my Q700 (only 20MB RAM),
logging in by ssh sometimes takes several minutes while the machine swaps
everything else out, and then readies itself for the task of logging me
in. Basically what I am saying is that those venerable old machines can be
very pokey compared to the GHZ box that is on most people's desks
nowadays.

If it ever happens again, you could try to do a trace at the debugger to
see where you interrupted it, or at least list the processes to make sure
sshd is still up...

I'm only running 1.4.2 (custom kernel) but can happily report that is has
never ever locked up on me... sometimes it just took a while to respond.

my 2c.

Richie