Subject: Slightly OT: Re: No GENERICSBC kernel for 1.5.2 -- why?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp@cloud9.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/2001 10:22:04
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> Yeah, you *definitely* do NOT want to bring your AV to 1.5.2 or
> -current. I have been unsuccessful in getting anything after 1.5 to
> work on my Q840AV. I hadn't used NetBSD on my Quadra in probably 2
> years, just using my Alpha for that. When I needed the Quadra to do

I just installed Debian 2.2, but my problem is wider than this.  Has
anyone had any problems with a Quadra 840AV losing knowledge of the
built-in ethernet.  I turned this unit on as I got it a bit ago and the
ethernet brought up both LED's on the AAUI--> TP adapter.  I have swapped
the CD-ROM, the hard disk, and the nubus video card that was in it.  Now I
cannot get the Ethernet card to work... even in MacOS.  The Hardware
address is blank.  Do any Nubus cards interfere with the setup of the
onboard MACE ethernet?  The machine when the LED's come up had a Radius
Precision Color 24X in it.  I popped that out and put a Supermac Spectrum
Series V version 3 in.  I am wondering if I should try pulling that card
out since I am currently using the built-in video for the Linux install.
OR? is this just likely a problem that a 5 time zap of PRAM will fix?

Thanks,
Andrew