Subject: Re: opping hard drive when unuseful
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/2001 14:42:47
softdeps shouldn't prevent the disk from spinning down either.
it might take a little longer to flush out the data that it's
buffered up, but once it's done with that it shouldn't cause
any activity until a process wants to read or write something.

I can believe that there could be *something* that interferes
with this, but the things you've mentioned so far aren't it.

-Chuck