Subject: Re: Mounting Floppies
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/2001 23:54:35
On Friday, September 14, 2001, at 11:27  pm, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Right. The Quadra 650 comes with an unsupported  SWIM II
>
> 1) No support for MFM
>
> 2) "rfdXY" is teh raw device. mount(8) wantsa block device, i.e. fdXY.

This explains everything!

Thankyou. Disk Copy worked with the first image, I'll have to see if I
can make it work with the second... it doesn't seem to see it.

I also need to find or steal a keyboard before I can work on this
properly, but at least I know where the disk images now stand. Thanks
for everyone's help here.

On another note, I just put 20MB RAM in a different machine which makes
it much nicer, this also means that he'll be sent off for colocation on
a nice telephone line, courtesy of a friend, and used as a Web Server.
It'll be good to see another mac68k machine in the Gallery. :]

All the best.

~ Matthew