Subject: MTU
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: rin JG1VGX <jg1vgx@jarl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/2001 13:20:45
Dear Listmates,

Could someone tell me how to change the MTU and how to disable "IP path
MTU discovery" on a NetBSD box?

I'm running mailing lists using postfix and majordomo on a Mac IIvx
running NetBSD 1.5. I have moved from CATV to ADSL recently, but since
then I started to receive undelivery reports (time out while sending the
data) for some but certain destination mail servers.

According to postfix FAQ, I now suspect this is due to dropped ICMP
message on the way causing timeouts. FAQ suggests to disable path MTU
discovery but I don't know how to do this. Is it enabled in the first place?

Our ADSL provider recommends MTU of 1454.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
rin

Rin Fukuda