Subject: Problem with SCSI (maybe)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Loki <loki@korab.cz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/2001 13:20:36
Hallo,

(Excuse my English, I'm from Czech Republic)

I have installed NetBSD v1.4.2 (including all the sets available on the CD:
base.tgz, comp.tgz, etc.tgz, games.tgz, kern.tgz, man.tgz, misc.tgz,
text.tgz, xbase.tgz, xcomp.tgz, xcontrib.tgz, xfont.tgz, xserver.tgz,
secr.tgz) on my Macintosh IIvx.

When I type a command (no matter which - cd, man, ls, shutdown, reboot...)
I usually get this:

-----------------------------beginning---------------
------------------
scsi_show: scsi_main is not running
REQ-CONNECTED: 0
0x1840000[8192] cmd[0]=a S=0 M=ff R=0 resid=8192 dr_flag=1
 //Sometimes
there are 2 or 3 lines same as the previous one and the
 //number 0x1840000
is always different (e.g.1500000).
Bus signals (7c/00): I/O|C/
D|MSG|REQ|BSY
Dma status (30): IRQ|EPAR
phase = 0, busy:1, spl:2204

0       scsi_main5
        1       pdma_cleanup2
        2
scsi_main1
        3       scsi_select1
        4       tpio1
        5
  tpio2
        6       scsi_select10
        7       info_transf1

8       tpio1
        9       tpio2
        10      info_transf5
        11
     info_transf1
        12      info_transf3
        13
transfer_pdma0
        14      waiting for interrupt.
        15
scsi_main3
        16      scsi_main4
        17      scsi_main5
        18
     drq (out)
        19      write complete
        20      read a byte
to force a phase change
        21      end drq
        22      irq

23      pdma_ready0
        24      pdma_ready1
Unexpected phase change.
---
--------------------------end---------------------------------

Example:

#command<ENTER>
->the message above
->first part of command
output
->twotimes the message above
->second part of command output
-
>tentimes (or more) the message above
->the last part of command output

It
can take a minute until these messages are over.

I have only 2 SCSI
devices:
 ID 0  HD (Maxtor), on one partition Mac OS, on the other NetBSD

ID 3  external CD-ROM drive
Both hard disk and CD-ROM work fine under Mac
OS and even if CD-ROM drive is turned off problem persists.

I have also
two other questions:
  1) How can I launch X-Window? (Documentation says
somthing about some script X11, but typing 'X11' doesn't seem to work.)

2) If I'm in the games directory (installed from the games.tgz set) and I
type 'pig' or other name of game in the directory, it tells me that there's
no such file ('pig: file not found' or something like this). Why? In the
directory listing there is 'pig' and all the other games.

Please, can you
help me?

Adam Nohejl