Subject: Re: loadfile and ddb_init
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/2001 22:48:03
On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 12:31:19PM +1000, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:
> 	Hmmm. Freaky. That means that if the Booter loads the kernel
> in a different way to what the linker was expecting, then these vars
> will all have incorrect values.

Umm...  Well, that's true of just about anything.  It's actually the
address of end and edata that's used, not the values themselves, and
they are virtual addresses.

> 	Are these relative to the start of the loaded kernel ?

Yes.

> Is esym, which is overriden by the Booter & kernel, also preset
> by the linker ?

No.  We allocate space for that in locore.s.

> 	Are these documented anywhere (other then the linker src) ?

man 3 end

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...