Subject: Quadra 700
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/2001 02:43:52
Hello Cameron!

  CK> Buy it anyway, Q700s are fine little systems, speedy
    > and expandable.

Thanks, I've heard mostly good things about them.  Perhaps I
should order a handful!  :-)

  CK> After the IIci, they're my favourite useful classic
    > Mac...

I was looking through some old notes earlier today while I
was thinking about what machine to buy.  The IIci seemed to
make more sense than the IIsi, and should be faster than a
IIcx.  The IIvx doesn't appeal to me and I don't know much
about the IIvi.  It might be interesting to pick up a IIci
along with the Q700, just for comparison.

Out of interest, what makes you prefer the IIci to the Q700?

  CK> (my favourite use*less* classic Macs are the Plus and
    > IIsi ;-)

I've been given a Mac SE that I may use as a serial
terminal.

  CK> ...rest assured it will be supported once again on it
    > soon.

That's music to my ears!  :-)

Regards,
  - Andy.