Subject: Re: Help w/ powerbook 160
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/2001 17:43:55
> The install kernel boots just fine.
>
> The kernel from the NetBSD-1.5 "kern.tgz" package *and* the 05/27 snapshot
> kernel (from
> .../NetBSD/arch/mac68k/snapshot/current-20010526/binary/kernel/) *start*
> to boot successfully, but then drop into the kernel debugger just after
> the following:
>
>   nubus0 at mainbus0
>   fpu0 at mainbus0 (emulator)
>   Stopped in pid 0 (swapper) at _cpu_Debugger+0x6 unlk a6
>   db>

Bleah, now the install kernel has developed the same behavior -- and all
of the above work successfully when booting with a serial console.

So, is there any way to get a PB160 to boot sucessfully using the screen
instead of a serial console?  I'd prefer now to have to carry a VT100 with
me wherever I go, because those be heavy beasts :).

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>