Subject: Re: remote booting
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: lint <lint@blowthatshitup.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/2001 21:46:49
I should mention that i have played with the network boodisk some. A
couple of things to keep in mind. In some cicumstances (that i cant
recall now) you need 2 parts... the ethernet extention (nubus,LC,
built-in) whatever. In addation there is a resource in the system
file (ENET) i think that is the lower level driver. I have some nubus
cards in some old II** models that wont access the card until the
driver is installed into the system file. Its possible for this to be
hacked in. But the one time i tried it ii dont remebr if it worked.
However on the flip side later version of the MacOS didnt need 3rd
party drivers for card that did previously. its a lot of resource-fu
going on here.