Subject: Re: PR #6724
To: MINOURA Makoto <minoura@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/2001 21:04:25
On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 05:15:37PM +0900, MINOURA Makoto wrote:

> |> In <Pine.SGI.4.10.10105221043140.9801-100000@tiltti.hit.fi>
> |>   Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@cs.stadia.fi> wrote:
>
> > So what should be done? Is there possibility to move this to port-mac68k
> > pool of bugreports. Or should this report be closed and re-reported to
> > port-m68k? Doing nothing is I guess the worst scenario.
>
> Hmmm.  Amiga, atari, luna68k and next68k seems to have the
> same problem (I only ran config(8), didn't do acutal
> compile).  So your tasks would be
>  - Move #6724 to port-mac68k.
>  - Submit 4 PRs whose categories are port-amiga, port-atari,
>   port-luna68k and port-next68k respectively.

Now, thats overkill.

By analogy you would suggest to move every PR for PCI device drivers out of
tech-kern, and duplicates into:

port-atari, port-alpha, port-sparc64, port-i386, port-arm32 (at least)?

I thinks this is overreacting.

Besides, when the M68... defines are defopted, they definitely will defopted
(some of them linked to the port-specific ones) for all of the architectures.

Regards,
	-is