Subject: Error compiling kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Humpage <oliver@watershed.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/2001 18:17:35
Dear all,

While we're on the subject of kernels going wrong, I got this message after
many hours of compiling on an LCIII (NetBSD 1.5):

---------------------------

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:289: Error: "instruction/operands mismatch" -- Statement
'moveq #LINUX_SYS_exit,%d0' ignored
*** Error code 1

Stop.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

---------------------------

I presume that I accidentally switched off something that the COMPAT_LINUX
option needs, but I've no idea what it is. greping the GENERIC kernel for
things to do with linux doesn't turn up anything except COMPAT_LINUX itself.
Any ideas? I did turn off quite a lot of stuff... (I can post my config file
somewhere if that helps).

Yours hopefully, and apologies if I've missed this in the FAQ.

Oliver.

--
Oliver Humpage
ICT Co-ordinator, Watershed Media Centre