Subject: Re: Problems booting 1.5 on a Quadra 700
To: None <rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Louis-Philippe Lessard <yayay@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/2001 21:06:10
Try the 1.5.1_BETA Kernel, it work for me. I have now a working X server :-)

>This is a known problem with the Quadra 700 and 1.5.  You would have read about this if you were subscribed to the list (hint, hint  ;-). It will be fixed in 1.5.1 and may be fixed in some of the -current kernels.   I have had the same problem with 1.4.2 on my Q700 and have been waiting to upgrade as a result.  With 1.4.2 the fix was to unplug the mouse before booting into NetBSD; it then boots fine but you'll have no mouse for X.  If you don't use X, like me, it's not a problem.  You might try this with 1.5 and see if it will complete the boot process.

Try to not move the mouse after the beginning of the boot sequence, if you do so, it should not hang.

LP

YayaY		Pourquoi pas?		Why not?
Louis-Philippe Lessard        (mailto:yayay@mac.com)
ICQ#  5625641		      PGP Key ID: 0x94E6A35D