Subject: Re: Printing woes and BSD newbie Cont.
To: Martin Joseph <mjoecups@home.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/2001 09:30:50
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Martin Joseph wrote:
>
> > I have the file stylewriter-0.9.9.tgz in my root directory.(which
> > theoretically adds stylewriter printer support)
> >
> > When I type pkg_add stylewriter-0.9.9.tgz,  I get the message
> > 'ghostscript-550' required, but  'ghostscript-6.01' found installed.
> > pkg_add: Please resolve this conflict!
>
> You should build the package yourself.

I didn't mean that to sound so harsh. There's just not a lot of binary
packages for m68k, and problems like the above occur even on ports
that do have lots of binary packages. It really makes no sense to
revert the "ghostscript" monster to a much older version, just to
install the little sylewriter package which should build easily even
an an old Mac.

Please _try_ to set up "pkgsrc", and ask on tech-pkg@netbsd.org if you
have problems.

Frederick