Subject: Re: Ethernet and IIci
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/2001 00:33:25
> > It seems there is a serious bug somewhere, but AFAIK it has never been
> > fixed. Maybe you did hit that one?
>       I can't see a PR open on this - do you know if one was submitted?
>       If not, could you send one in. Do you know if its specific to
>       the boards, IIci or combination of board+IIci?

It seems the problem is specific to BSD (NetBSD or OpenBSD), mac68k,
some ethernet boards (not all), and the cable/DSL operator.

The mac68k model (IIci or other) does not seem to be an issue, the same
problem has been observed on a quadra. It seems someone had the same
problem with FreeBSD/i386, but I'm not sure it was actually the same
problem.

Linux is unaffected with the same hardware.

I won't fill a PR since I cannot do any testing on this. My router is
now a Linux/mac68k box, and I don't want to bring it down and resinstall
an other OS to test this.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Hiroshima 45. Tchernobyl 86. Windows 95.