Subject: Re: "large" ram on mac68k
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2001 12:15:08
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Allen Briggs wrote:

> If it's getting the values via get_mapping(), with a diagnostic/verbose
> boot, you'll see "Getting mapping from MMU." and "Done.".  If it's
> getting it from the booter, you'll see "Faked ramge to byte XXX."
>
> So: Make sure that the booter's not trying to override the amount of RAM
> or that it's set to the correct amount of RAM.

The booter "Machine Options" are set for 96MB RAM size, Auto-size RAM
enabled.

I turned on verbose boot, but I didn't get any additional messages.

I turned off Auto-size RAM in the booter but it still only reports 64MB.

I'll read the rest of your comments, read the code, and get more
information when I have time.

It is odd that it recognises the 96MB for 'avail memory' but not for
'total memory'.

Thanks for looking into it.
--
Tod McQuillin