Subject: Re: "large" ram on mac68k
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2001 11:03:41
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Well, on my 1.5T Mac IIci, I have
>
> 	NetBSD 1.5T (MAC1) #12: Sat Mar 31 07:18:04 PST 2001
> 	    paul@pc1.whooppee.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/MAC1
> 	Apple Macintosh IIci  (68030)
> 	cpu: delay factor 266
> 	total memory = 81920 KB
> 	avail memory = 72876 KB
> 	using 1049 buffers containing 4196 KB of memory
>
> And my machdep.c still has the questionable $define.

Now that's weird.  It rules out a IIci-specific hardware quirk and places
the onus firmly on my machine :-)

My IIci has always behaved this way with NetBSD.  I wonder if it could
have something to do with the machine's ROM revision?

Or perhaps it's the odd 8MB SIMMS of dubious vintage I've installed along
with my 16 meggers.  Everything works fine in MacOS though.
--
Tod McQuillin