Subject: Re: "large" ram on mac68k
To: None <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2001 11:11:42
On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:23:52AM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
> > total memory = 65536 KB
> > avail memory = 88444 KB
>
> Are you sure that MacOS sees the 96MB?  NetBSD just gets the value from
> the booter.

Nothing personal, Allen, but did you look closely at the lines I've
requoted above? How could avail memory reported as greater than
total memory if there weren't actually more than 64 MBs in the
machine?

I don't know enough to know if I agree that this is a limitation
stemming from src/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/machdep.c's #define MAXMEM (though
that's a #define distinctly absent from other ports I glanced at) as
Tod suggested, but that #define is definitely still present in my
1.5U (vaguely April 4, I think) copy of the source. I don't have a
1.5-release branch checked out right now to check against.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net