Subject: Failure to complete boot of NetBSD 1.5
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <ISOTOPE181@aol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/2001 00:33:23
Dear NetBSD Programmers -
    NetBSD is refusing to completely boot and dumps me into debug mode after the following error.

"panic: cnopen: cn_tab -> cn_dev == NODEV"
"stopped in init at _cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6"

I'm unsure whether this is simply a configuration problem, or whether it's inherent to my configuration. The loader suceeded in recognizing all connected devices, and suceeded in recognizing emulated FPU on the 68040 chip.

OS Loaded: NetBSD 1.5
Included Sets: BASE, COMP, ETC & KERN

System Specifications
    Performa 475
    20MB physical ram
    163MB HDD in following configuration:
        20MB MacOS 8.1 (bare-minimum installation)
        102MB root
        40MB swap
    Apple ADB extended key
    Apple ADB mouse
    *External SCSI Apple CDROM (2x)
    *External 1GB SCSI drive

* - Attempted load with these devices in both on/off mode with no effect.

    If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
- Jeff Isaac