Subject: Re: Quadra 840av?
To: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/2001 19:39:33
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 09:33:02AM -0400, Chas Williams wrote:
> it works but the disk performance just isnt there since no one has been
> able to figure out dma support for the av-based machines (or atleast
> this was the status last time i looked at the code) my q800 is quite a bit
> faster even though the cpu is slower for this reason.

For what it's worth, when I get around to finding a shipping box
(which won't happen till I've passed courses for the semester
here...), I'm sending the 840AV I've got here to Allen Briggs so
that he can (theoretically) work on the DMA for that particular
SCSI chip.

But if someone else got around to writing DMA support or sending
their Quadra AV machine to Allen first, it might happen faster. :^>

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net