Subject: Re: Duo 230
To: Tom Tarka <tommy@mp3.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/2001 07:38:25
At 19:37 Uhr +0200 24.4.2001, Tom Tarka wrote:
>Last I checked, the deal with the duo 230 is as follows:

[...]

>- I could not get the internal modem, serial ports or external hard
>drive to work
>	with my mini-dock.  This may have changed and/or may be different
>with the full dock.

No. Basically, the docks replace (serial) or add to (scsi, video, ethernet)
a lot of Duo hardware, and we do not (yet) deal with that.

>Having just acquired a
>doc (but not having had time to play with it), i'm very curious as to
>how things will work
>with 1.5 and the Duo and how quick my duo will be docked (given that
>there's an FPU!!! Woo!).

All of the docks but the floppy adapter have their own declaration ROM,
i.e. they pose as a multi-function Nubus card. The code to probe and use
the additional hardware is not there. This is not rocket science, but it is
still work.  ;)

	hauke