Subject: Re: Adding sshd to rc.local
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/2001 16:35:50
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
> Since I don't like restarting, and if I'm removing it from the crontab,
> I want to be sure it's right; could someone confirm that merely adding
> this to rc.local will work nicely?
>
> 	if [ -x /usr/sbin/sshd ]; then
> 		/usr/sbin/sshd;
> 		echo 'Starting sshd. Hang tight.';
> 	fi

The semicolons inside the "if" block are redundant... they shouldn't
cause any problems though. You do need the semicolon after the "]' on
the "if" line. Also, you should do the "echo" before sshd, not after.

However, couldn't you just say "sshd=YES" in your /etc/rc.conf file and
let /etc/rc/sshd take care of everything? (Assuming this is NetBSD 1.5,
but since you have a /usr/sbin/sshd, it probably is :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++