Subject: Re: boot problem
To: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/2001 01:18:19
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:

> Actually, when I boot with all the devices plugged in, it is using
> /dev/sd2 as the device for ID 6.
>
> Also, when I boot with only the "external" drive in the chain, it seems
> to mount the root partition just fine.  It just dies trying to set up
> the swap partition.

Pay close attention to the contents of your /etc/fstab.  If you renumber
SCSI IDs or change the number of drives on the bus, it's likely you'll
need to edit this to match the new setup (before you change the setup).

Of course you'll also need to change which SCSI ID you boot from in the
Booter if you renumber your boot disk.
--
Tod McQuillin