Subject: Re: boot problem
To: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2001 23:25:06
At 2:15 AM -0400 4/20/2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:
>Actually, when I boot with all the devices plugged in, it is using
>/dev/sd2 as the device for ID 6.

Oh, sorry, I didn't think about the fact that you have a zip drive.
The zip might only show up when it contains a cartridge, or it might
not show up at all. I haven't used a zip under NetBSD, so I'm not
sure.

It's a good idea to assign removable media to higher ID numbers so
that your boot works whether or not you have a disk inserted.

>Also, when I boot with only the "external" drive in the chain, it
>seems to mount the root partition just fine.  It just dies trying to
>set up the swap partition.

IIRC, the booter asks for an ID rather than something like /dev/sd0,
and the booter is what loads
(I'm not sure if that's the correct word...) the root partition.

Daniel
--
maybe it will snow