Subject: Re: boot problem
To: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2001 23:10:37
At 1:58 AM -0400 4/20/2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:
>I had netbsd running on a 660 AV with the original 80MB hard drive
>internal (id 0), a 500MB external hard drive (id 6), a zip drive (id
>3), and an external cd drive (id 4) on the scsi chain.  netbsd is
>installed on the external hard drive.  Everything worked. (so, of
>course, I had to fiddle some more!)

NetBSD doesn't care what the IDs are exactly as much as what order
they're in. Your devices are in the following order if I understand
you:

/dev/sd0 80MB internal HD (ID 0)
/dev/sd1 zip (ID 3)
/dev/sd2 CD drive (ID 4)
/dev/sd3 external HD (ID 6)

When you remove the zip and CD, they are reordered as follows:
/dev/sd0 80MB internal HD (ID 0)
/dev/sd1 external HD (ID 6)

There may be a way to refer to a drive by it's ID, but I don't know it.

Hope this helps,
Daniel
--
maybe it will snow