Subject: Re: Jamming a Power Switch
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2001 19:42:49
> After doing that, if the computer is unplugged, then plugged back in, it
> automatically turns on without anyone having to press the power
> key/button, right?
>
> Yeah, that's a documented feature... I don't remember where it's
> documented though :) Maybe I saw it in the manual for the Quadra 650 or
> something... anyways, that's what it's there for, and it works fine :)

My IIci has now started doing this with the switch in "out" position, which
is very annoying when I really *do* want it powered down (I have to jump
for the plug after shutdown -p finishes). Anyone have any suggestions?

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Everyone is entitled to my opinion. -- James Carpenter ---------------------