Subject: Re: Jamming a Power Switch
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2001 17:03:01
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
> Anyway, I did the "push in the power switch and rotate it" trick so that
> it will at least reboot.
>
> Now the question is, how safe is this? Or how reliable?
>
> I'm rather reluctant to do it unless I can verify that it is meant to be
> done, and others have found it effective.

After doing that, if the computer is unplugged, then plugged back in, it
automatically turns on without anyone having to press the power
key/button, right?

Yeah, that's a documented feature... I don't remember where it's
documented though :) Maybe I saw it in the manual for the Quadra 650 or
something... anyways, that's what it's there for, and it works fine :)