Subject: Encoding
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Emil Edeholt <edeholt@home.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/2001 10:15:43
Hi,

I'm a total newbie to NetBSD (and unix in general), I've installed
the base.tgz,comp.tgz,man.tgz,etc.tgz and kern.tgz and the OS seems
to work fine (except that I have to mount -u -w; mtree -def
/etc/mtree/NetBSD.dist -p / -u everytime I boot to be able to write
to the disk).

But I can't get the encoding to work (well it works, but in us mode),
and I can't almost do anything without it being set to swedish (i.e.
I can't use the colon which vi needs for commands).

When I wsconsctl -w encoding=sv I get the error message: "wsconsctl:
WSKBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument". I thought that it had
something to do with wscons not being wscons=YES in the rc.conf, but
I have now echoed that line to rc.conf and it still doesn't work (I
have not been able to set the rc_configured=NO to rc_configured=YES
since I can't use a texteditor without the right encoding).

I've been searching the archive here, but haven't found anything,
just someone who had problems with French...

Thanks for your time. ANY ideas at all are highly appreciated,
because I sooo wanna get started on this cool netbsd-thing.

/Emil
--
Emil Edeholt