Subject: Re: netatalk for NetBSD?
To: None <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
From: Kadari Mayson <dark3lf@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/2001 10:18:16
Hi Emile, yes I know this.  I think what you are saying is that I should=20=

not try to run Mac OS X on 68k machines?  Hehe, I'm pretty sure you=20
can't do this (ugh, could you imagine?).  What I was actually asking is=20=

if anyone had experience with NetBSD mac68k running netatalk as a server=20=

and trying to mount that netatalk share with Mac OS X as a client.  It=20=

works very well actually, but I still can't log in as a specific user=20
like I can with my OS 9 box.  I have to mount my shares as "guest" which=20=

works fine.  Ah well, more detective work ;-)

/km

On Monday, April 16, 2001, at 03:53 AM, Emile Schwarz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Kadari Mayson wrote:
>> Well, while using OS 9, everything works as it should.
>
> Stupid remark from _me_: this is <port-mac68k> list, isn=92t it ?
>
> So as far as I know, MacOS 9 (MacOS X also) cannot run under anything=20=

> else but a
> PowerMacintosh (with a G3 for the latter)...
>
> Maybe this is where your trouble starts... wrong hardware !
>
> AFAIK, the latest MacOS version for Macintosh 68x00 hardware is 8.1. =
So=20