Subject: Re: netatalk for NetBSD?
To: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
From: Peter@Home <pgort@optushome.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/2001 09:34:54
Mac OS X supports discovery of services via AppleTalk (though it's
turned off by default) and printing via AppleTalk.  However it only
supports connecting to file servers via TCP/IP.  So your server must be
supporting  TCP/IP connections to allow an OS X box to connect.  This is
a potential issue in Mac home networks, as OS X will only connect to an
OS9 system that has "allow clients to connect via TCP/IP" turned on in
the file sharing control panel.  Since that service didn't exist prior
to Mac OS 9....

Peter Gort