Subject: Re: Last Snapshot and Quadra 700
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Louis-Philippe Lessard <yayay@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/2001 23:15:09
> > it does exactly the same thing it was doing with the other 1.5 :
> >
> > root file system type: ffs
> > panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
>
>This means that the console device wasn't initialized, but this doesn't
>say why.  What messages did you get for the monitor probe?  Are you
>using the internal or nubus video?

intvid0 at obio0 @ f9001000: DAFB video subsystem, monitor sense 5
intvid0: 512 x 384, 256 color

I use the internal video.

> > I also noticed something strange. Just after the monitor sense, half of
> > the screen goes white. Anyway, I don't think this is important, but it
> > could be a clue of something.
>
>As fb said, check your monitor settings and perhaps try a couple of
>different ones.  The most reliable setting is usually B&W.

I just set it to 256 colors and it work now perfectly! I was set before to B&W and I also tried 4 grays, those two were not working.

thanks a lot, now I finally have a working console.

YayaY		Pourquoi pas?		Why not?
Louis-Philippe Lessard      (mailto://yayay@mac.com)
ICQ#  5625641		     PGP Key ID: 0x94E6A35D