Subject: Re: netatalk for NetBSD?
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/2001 16:17:57
At 5:55 PM -0500 4/15/2001, Bob Nestor wrote:
>mtheobalds@mac.com
>  >This must mean that you have netatalk running over TCP/IP! I've hunted
>>everywhere (and the docs aren't great) to find myself how to do this, to
>>no avail.
>>
>>I'm running the standard netatalk-umich-19990130nb2 pkg. Do I need the
>>'modified' one?
>
>Hmmm, hadn't thought about that but now that you mention it MacOS X
>doesn't support AppleTalk does it?  However System 7.5.3 doesn't support
>sharing via TCP/IP without special software either does it?

OS X supports AppleTalk. I myself don't have OS X, but I've read that
it does. Here's a screen shot (from The Mac Observer) of where to
turn it on:
http://macobserver.com/images/viewimage.shtml?src=/images/news/2001/20010324prefs/images/network3.jpg

OTOH, running OS 9.1, when I mount a netatalk-asun share it gives me
this information in the "Get Info" window:

Where: Moria, Moria (192.168.1.1) via TCP/IP

Where 192.168.1.1 is my server IP.

So I guess netatalk-asun supports AppleShare/IP.

Daniel
--
maybe it will snow