Subject: Re: Last Snapshot and Quadra 700
To: Louis-Philippe Lessard <yayay@mac.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/2001 12:02:42
On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 11:22:32PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Lessard wrote:
> Well, it's the kernel that you just uploaded (NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA,
> apr 13 2001 for the archive).

Heh.  I was wondering what the Id line was just to make sure--I have
sometimes spent a lot of time debugging a problem to find that the real
problem was that I didn't put the kernel where I thought I had...  So
I ended up testing an old kernel instead of the new one.

> it does exactly the same thing it was doing with the other 1.5 :
>
> root file system type: ffs
> panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

This means that the console device wasn't initialized, but this doesn't
say why.  What messages did you get for the monitor probe?  Are you
using the internal or nubus video?

> I also noticed something strange. Just after the monitor sense, half of
> the screen goes white. Anyway, I don't think this is important, but it
> could be a clue of something.

As fb said, check your monitor settings and perhaps try a couple of
different ones.  The most reliable setting is usually B&W.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...