Subject: Re: netatalk for NetBSD?
To: Kadari Mayson" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/2001 10:26:44
dark3lf@mac.com

>Along these lines, I am having a bit of trouble adding specific users to
>the conf.  I got guest access working just fine, but the user's accounts
>don't work.  Could someone send me a sample of what yours looks like
>(names changed to protect the innocent, of course ;-) ).
>
>tia
>/km
>
>On Sunday, April 15, 2001, at 08:04 AM, Bob Nestor wrote:
>
>> mtheobalds@mac.com
>>
>>> This will edit roots crontab. Add it to the bottom @reboot. It'd be
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> 	@reboot					/usr/pkg/sbin/atalkd
>>> 	@reboot					/usr/pkg/sbin/papd
>>> 	@reboot					/usr/pkg/sbin/afpd
>>
>> Actually there's a script that was installed with the package.  It is in
>> /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk.  A better way is to add the following lines
>> to your /etc/rc.local
>>
>>    if [ -f /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk ]; then
>>         /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk
>>    fi

in /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default I have:

# This file looks empty when viewed with "vi".  In fact, there is one
# '~', so users with no AppleVolumes file in their home directory get
# their home directory by default.
/home/Windows
/home/AppleShare
/home/cdimage
~

When I use the Chooser on a MacOS system and log in with my NetBSD
account my BSD home directory shows up along with the three listed above.
 Make sure the last line of this file contains "~" or you won't see your
personal home directory.

-bob