Subject: Re: netatalk for NetBSD?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2001 11:02:32
On Saturday, April 14, 2001, at 04:12  am, Todd McDaniel wrote:

> Anyone have any tips on installing/configuring netatalk for NetBSD?

Download the pkg from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/

pkg_add the normal way, then adjust the /etc/netatalk/* files.

Mine read as follow (it's ages since I did this, so I don't know if
these are defaults):

atalkd.conf
	ae0 -phase 2 -net 1-65534 -addr 65280.8

AppleVolumes.default
	~/public_html

The rest are left 'as is'.

That allows the public_html dir to be accessed by each user. If you want
the HomeDir, then leave it ~ (almost blank in vi).

Finally, as root, start it up:

	papd
	atalkd
	afpd

If if you won't use them all, all must be enabled for some reason. Note
that the order you start them may be different. Some won't start without
others, etc... It's really rather simple though. =]

All the best.

Matthew