Subject: Re: Last Snapshot and Quadra 700
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Louis-Philippe Lessard <yayay@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2001 23:22:32
Well, it's the kernel that you just uploaded (NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA, apr 13 2001 for the archive).

it does exactly the same thing it was doing with the other 1.5 :

root file system type: ffs
panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

stopped in init at	_cpu_Debugger+0x6:	unlk	a6

I also noticed something strange. Just after the monitor sense, half of the screen goes white. Anyway, I don't think this is important, but it could be a clue of something.

and yah, when I plug the monitor on the onboard video, the first few letters I write are upcase, until I hit cap lock.

Hope I could understand one day all strangeness of those thing that we call computers.

:-)

>Yes, it was supposed to be.  It looks like it has been, in fact.
>Can you please send me a log of your boot and the panic, or point
>me to a message in the archives with it?  [  My time is really
>crunched right now with newborn twins, and I'd appreciate any
>help so that we can make sure things work...  ;-)  ]
>
>Please include the line at the beginning that shows the kernel
>version, build date, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>-allen

YayaY		Pourquoi pas?		Why not?
Louis-Philippe Lessard      (mailto://yayay@mac.com)
ICQ#  5625641		     PGP Key ID: 0x94E6A35D