Subject: Re: help me analyze my servers failure
To: None <josh@ssimr.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/2001 16:42:09
> What happens is I can't get in, nor can any clients connect to access
> the services. It is still up on my network (judging from port-scans
> done with agnet tools from another Mac on my network). I have been
> running it headless, but when I stick the monitor back on - even
> though I can still get a display - I can't get a keyboard response. I
> find out either when I try to telnet into the server, or someone
> trying to check their mail in the house or send mail finds they can't.

There's not enough information here.

Can they get in at all? What about pinging it? Can they get in after
bootup, and then not later? What does ifconfig say? What about netstat -r?

As far as the monitor issue, I observe the same problem on my IIci running
1.4.2 -- if I boot it headless and later plug in a monitor, the console
no longer responds. Something for the usual suspects to look at, I guess.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Proponents of other opinions will be merrily beaten to a bloody pulp. ------