Subject: help me analyze my servers failure
To: NetBSD list for Mac68K Port <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/2001 19:22:25
I have a 660av running as a server. I failed once about a week after I
first set it up and I didn't give it much thought. It has been rock
solid since. I'm running very very few applications using it mostly to
test my ability to configrue a  server.

Pretty much it is running a few daemons: telnet, smtp, ntp, lpd, dns,
http, and pop3. Also, a port scan indicates something running on 587
that I can't figure out. Half of the daemons are just started manually
because I haven't configured my rc files completely.

What happens is I can't get in, nor can any clients connect to access
the services. It is still up on my network (judging from port-scans
done with agnet tools from another Mac on my network). I have been
running it headless, but when I stick the monitor back on - even
though I can still get a display - I can't get a keyboard response. I
find out either when I try to telnet into the server, or someone
trying to check their mail in the house or send mail finds they can't.

I looked through my logs, and basically found nothing.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com