Subject: Re: router setup: 1.5 or 1.4.2
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/2001 14:32:05
At 8:19 PM -0500 4/2/01, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions on how to set up my router?  Go with the ewinkler
> > pre-setup 1.4.2, or install 1.5 and setup from there?  Any advantage of
> > 1.5 or 1.4.2?
>
>Hard to say, but a case could be made to go with the latest version on
>the mature branch. That would be NetBSD 1.4.3, which includes ipfilter
>3.3.6. I can't imagine why anyone would want to use 1.4.2 for a new
>installation.

There was at least one report of some serial port handshaking problem
which appeared between 1.4.2 and 1.4.3.  Maybe one day I'll get
around to checking it out, but by then perhaps someone will have
fixed it in 1.5.x.

Wish I had time for this.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.