Subject: system doesnt comes up after install
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Tardy <tardyp@free.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/2001 16:56:34
I Tried to install NetBSD 1.5 on a Quadra660AV with 24Mo of RAM and a
Quantum internal HD...
used mkfs on a <QUANTUM, FIREBALL_TH211OS, 300X > disk
unstalled all the sets in mac68k/binary/sets/ except for games..
Booted with the Booter.
I've a kernel panic at boot:
..
..
wsmouse0 at ams0
kernel Illegal instruction trap,
trap type 2, code 0x0, v=0x0
kernel pc=0x865ec
kernel: illegal instruction trap
pid=0, PC= pc=0x865EC, ps= 2400, sfc=1, dfc=1
registers
..
..
kernel stack
..
..
panic: illegal instruction

stopped in swapper at _cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6

I had installed NetBSD 1.4.2 and changed to 1.5 due to a mysterious
kernel panic (which apeared later in the rc process), I thought that
was due to too many newbie manipulations..

But here I have a fresh installed NetBSD system..

Note that the netbsd-INSTALL.gz kernel correctly boot.

--
Pierre Tardy   <tardyp@iname.com>