Subject: re: Getting started
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Steven G. Hascall <steve@ezl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/2001 00:40:15
Hunter,

You have an OS on the IIci, right?

If the IIci has ethernet (is that built-in on a IIci?), I would start by
setting up an AppleShare server on my Linux box via netatalk. Place the
System 7 files in a shared volume. Mount it on the IIci, and proceed to
build a set of OS floppies for the Mac. Reload the Mac with those
floppies, making sure to format/partition the hard disk for the MacOS
and NetBSD. If you're in a hurry, just build and use the Disk Tools
floppy. The install documentation should take it from there. You could
always have a second MacOS box by running Basilisk under Linux or
Windows too, and just build the Disk Tools floppy in there. Wee,
I thought of 2 ways. This help at all?

-Steve
steve@ezl.com

hhwb2 wrote:

Hi, i have a macintosh IIci with a hard drive that was formatted before
it was
given to me, I know that I need system 7.0 in order to put netBSD on it.
tracked down the release of system 7 on apple's ftp site. My question is
that
i have no other macintosh computer to uncompress these disks onto and
make the
boot disks with, is there a way to do this in Linux/Windows? And once I
install system 7 on the box how do I get the ftp programs and enable
networking so that I can download the netBSD files onto the box?

                                                             Thanks,
                                                             Hunter