Subject: NAT
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/2001 19:23:06
I'm trying to get NAT up and running on my Q800.  I can ping it just
fine nothing else works.  Has anyone gotten NAT up and running on a
two interface machine with ppp as one of the interfaces?

Pertinent portion of ipnat.conf:
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp/tcp
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 40000:60000
map ppp0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32

I believe the above is just fine since I've done netstat -i a couple
of times after attempting to check mail and do some web work and that
records that the number of packets going into and out of ppp0 (and
sn0 which is connected to the DSL modem) have increased with each
attempt.  Why is the information not returning to this machine?  I
notice on here that each time I attempt to interface with the
Internet I get a DNS error (can't find blank.com server).  Is this a
problem with the way I have TCP/IP set on this machine?  I'm running
OT on it since it's a G4 with OS9.1.  I have asked previously for set
up help on this and have not gotten a response back.  Can anyone
assist me here?

Thanks to all have helped previously.
--
Randy Beaudreault

"That's a bad thing, right?"  "(sigh) Yes Squat, I think it would be
safe to say that being blown to bits by a volcano would fit nicely
into the bad things category!!!" - From "The Terrible Thunder Lizards"

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Streets"

"This job is ninety percent attitude" - Harry Edgarton, CID
			          Homicide, Baltimore PD
 From the book, "Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets,"
by David Simon