Subject: Quadra 700 worries
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@wisent.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2001 16:18:34
Greetings,

after some hackery I managed to install NetBSD 1.4.1 from CD on my Q700, hoping to get 1.5 running from a working NetBSD system. So far it works, but the SCSI transfer speed seems to
be horrible, even worse than under MacOS ( I tried 7.5.5 and 8.1 ) compared to my HP9000/345 ( running NetBSD 1.4, didn't bother to upgrade yet ) which should be a bit slower than the
Mac ( 50MHz 68030 vs. 25MHz 68040 ) but isn't. It feels a lot faster... Is this normal ? The esp used to be much faster on other platforms. Even the biult in ethernet seems to be faster than
the SCSI disk ( a 500MB and a 1GB Seagate, both from this ultra-slim series )

still worrying
Michael