Subject: Re: LaserWriter setup
To: netbsd/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Don Doumakes <doumakes@loganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/2001 22:21:07
On 2001.04.03 00:19:09 -0500 John Klos wrote:
> The Personal LaserWriter 300 is a QuickDraw printer, not a PostScript
> printer. Unless you can figure out how to produce QuickDraw, you
> probably
> won't be able to use this printer with NetBSD.

My first reaction on hearing this was "shoot me now please."  But I was
able to find some information that at least one person was able to get a
QuickDraw printer working with NetBSD, using ghostscript and netatalk,
among other things.  So I've installed ghostscript and am trying to get
it working.

Several libraries were missing and had to be loaded, naturally.  I was
able to find them all except libXt.  Can anyone tell me where a
precompiled package containing this library can be found?

--
Don Doumakes
doumakes@loganet.net