Subject: Re: router setup: 1.5 or 1.4.2
To: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2001 22:15:37
On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:

> What would the argument be to go with 1.4.3?  Are there any known
> problems with 1.5 I should know about for setting up my 660AV with
> Asante MacCon3NB card to be a router?

Here are the "known" problems (or at least, the reported problems)
with mac68k specifically...

    http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/port-mac68k.html

Chances are, either one would work fine. I just wanted to point out,
if you were considering 1.4.2, that you might as well go with 1.4.3.
1.5 and 1.4.3 have each been out for about the same amount of time;
1.4.3 has probably gotten less testing than 1.5 (having been largely
eclipsed by it), but 1.5 was a major change from the previous release
(1.4.2), and 1.4.3 was not.

Frederick