Subject: Re: router setup: 1.5 or 1.4.2
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2001 22:58:12
--Apple-Mail-950243629-1

On Monday, April 2, 2001, at 09:19 PM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions on how to set up my router?  Go with the ewinkler
>> pre-setup 1.4.2, or install 1.5 and setup from there?  Any advantage of
>> 1.5 or 1.4.2?
>
> Hard to say, but a case could be made to go with the latest version on
> the mature branch. That would be NetBSD 1.4.3, which includes ipfilter
> 3.3.6. I can't imagine why anyone would want to use 1.4.2 for a new
> installation.

What would the argument be to go with 1.4.3?  Are there any known
problems with 1.5 I should know about for setting up my 660AV with
Asante MacCon3NB card to be a router?

>> Has anyone been able to get a mac to automatically boot into netbsd on
>> startup?  Maybe using the "mini-system" or applescript?
>
> All the time. The Booter isn't scriptable, but it can be set to boot
> into NetBSD automatically, and an alias placed in the "Startup Items"
> folder.
>

> Frederick

Thanks!  Sorry, I should have spotted that.

Patrick

--Apple-Mail-950243629-1

<excerpt>Any suggestions on how to set up my router?  Go with the
ewinkler

pre-setup 1.4.2, or install 1.5 and setup from there?  Any advantage of

1.5 or 1.4.2?

</excerpt>