Subject: Re: router setup: 1.5 or 1.4.2
To: Patrick Tepesch <ptepesch@stny.rr.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2001 20:19:24
On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Patrick Tepesch wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to set up my router?  Go with the ewinkler
> pre-setup 1.4.2, or install 1.5 and setup from there?  Any advantage of
> 1.5 or 1.4.2?

Hard to say, but a case could be made to go with the latest version on
the mature branch. That would be NetBSD 1.4.3, which includes ipfilter
3.3.6. I can't imagine why anyone would want to use 1.4.2 for a new
installation.

> Has anyone been able to get a mac to automatically boot into netbsd on
> startup?  Maybe using the "mini-system" or applescript?

All the time. The Booter isn't scriptable, but it can be set to boot
into NetBSD automatically, and an alias placed in the "Startup Items"
folder.

Frederick