Subject: LaserWriter setup
To: netbsd/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Don Doumakes <doumakes@loganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2001 19:54:16
I still need some help getting my Laserwriter working with my new NetBSD
system.

The box is a Mac Quadra 650 running NetBSD 1.5 (GENERIC kernel).  My
printer is a Personal Laserwriter 300 (not the Laserwriter NTR with the
switches on the back), and was working before I installed NetBSD.  The
printer is plugged into "the printer port" via a 9-pin cable.

I'm a firm believer in RTFM, and have checked out the Linux Print
How-To, which suggests sending a Postscript file direct to the printer
device.  When I cat a Postscript file to /dev/tty01, I get no output at
the printer, not even a flashing light.  Can someone suggest where I
might be going wrong with this basic step?

--
Don Doumakes
doumakes@loganet.net