Subject: rarpd on 1.4.2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/2001 18:36:49
I'm trying to bring a moribund Solbourne S4000DX to life over tftp, but
first I have to get rarpd going. Try as I might, rarpd just sits there.
I just want to make sure I've configured the rarp server correctly:

[/etc/ethers]
00:00:8e:0d:06:33	reykjavik

[/etc/hosts]
10.0.0.3		reykjavik	reykjavik.floodgap.com

Is this correct? The man page had no visual examples to go on. Right now,
even if I rarpd -da to listen on all interfaces and show debug information,
it's as if nothing's getting there. The AUI transceiver on the Solbourne
says the link is good, so I don't think it's a physical problem. The
Solbourne is connected directly to the rarp server's Ethernet card.

1.4.2 on a IIci, using dual Farallon EtherWave Nubus cards as ae0/ae1
(both known good).

Thanks,

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Angels we have heard on High/Tell us to go out and Buy. -- Tom Lehrer ------