Subject: Re: arrow keys revisited
To: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/2001 07:42:04
At 0:27 Uhr +0100 22.3.2001, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
>Two votes for bash so far.

So, let me chime in, but vote for tcsh. First thing I install on every
NetBSD machine I set up, even before xemacs.  ;)

The csh simply does not have command line editing in a modern sense - which
is a bit strange, given even our /bin/sh has it. The csh's way is to pick
an item from the history list (usually aliased to 'h') and manipulate it. I
had to learn that a year ago when I worked with a Sun Solaris box.

tcsh, btw., is the default root shell on MacOS X. How I jumped when I heard
it...

	hauke